What Hotel, Resort, and Lodge Workers Need to Know about COVID-19
In addition to the cleaning guidance above, employees cleaning guestrooms should:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before entering and after exiting a guestroom. Use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if soap and water aren’t available.
- Throw away all single-use items provided by the hotel or left by the guest.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces such as tables, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, remote controls, phones, toilets, toilet flush handles, sink faucets, door handles, pens, and irons.
- Wash all hotel linens according to the manufacturer’s label and use the warmest appropriate water setting. Allow items to dry completely.
- Wear disposable gloves when handling dirty laundry or trash.
- Do not shake dirty laundry.
- Wash hands immediately after handling dirty laundry or trash.
- If a guest is ill and isolating in their hotel room, discontinue all but essential housekeeping services to the room.
- Additional precautions for cleaning a room after a guest who has been ill has checked out of the hotel:
- Close off …continued .
[Original Source: CDC]