Trump’s Twitter account appears as the top result when users search the word ‘racist.’ Twitter says an algorithm is behind that ‘recommendation.’
- Twitter users on Saturday noticed that President Donald Trump’s account was recommended when they searched the term “racist” on the platform.
- “If an account is mentioned often alongside certain terms, it can become algorithmically surfaced together as a recommendation,” the spokesperson said.
- The president just over a week ago put forth an executive order to increase regulation faced by social media companies, including Twitter, after it placed a fact-checking label over his tweet. It later labeled another one of his tweets for violating its rules about violence.
- Despite his ongoing war of words against Twitter, the president sent 200 tweets out on Friday, which is the most he’s ever used the platform in a single day.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Twitter users on Saturday noted that when they searched for the word “racist” on the platform, Twitter pointed them toward the account of President Donald Trump.
“The top result for racist on Twitter is the president of the United States,” The Verge’s Tom Warren tweeted.
Business Insider was able to replicate this on Saturday afternoon by searching for both the terms “racist” and “racism.”
A spokesperson for Twitter on Saturday told Business Insider that the president is listed …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]