Trump spends several minutes at Tulsa rally explaining his unsteady descent down a ramp at West Point’s graduation
- President Donald Trump reenacted his descent down a ramp at West Point last weekend.
- He told the crowd at his Tulsa rally that he struggled to walk down it because it was slippery and he was worn out.
- He said he had been wearing leather-bottomed shoes, had been baking under the hot sun, and had saluted 600 cadets before walking down the ramp.
- “I said, ‘General, there is no way I can make it down that ramp without falling on my ass, general.”
- Trump also described his irritation that some had speculated he might be ill, telling the crowd, “I’ll let you know if there’s something wrong.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump gave a lengthy explanation during his campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Saturday about his struggle to walk down a ramp the previous weekend, which was captured on video and prompted speculation about his health.
At one point on Saturday, Trump jokingly reenacted his descent down the ramp at West Point, where he had spoken to graduating students.
—andrew kaczynski🤔 (@KFILE) June 21, 2020
Trump told the Tulsa crowd he had struggled with the ramp in part because he was …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]