Trump has taken up 60% of White House coronavirus briefings, dedicating much of his time to attacks and false information, analysis shows
- President Donald Trump swallowed up 60% of the speaking time at daily White House briefings on coronavirus since mid-March, a Washington Post analysis found, talking for over 28 hours in 35 briefings since March 16.
- From April 6 to April 24, Trump spent 45 minutes praising himself and his administration, and two hours attacking others, according to the analysis. And he spent less than five minutes offering condolences to victims of the pandemic during that time.
- Trump has faced near-universal criticism since Thursday’s briefing, in which he suggested disinfectants could be injected to cure coronavirus. His comments were widely condemned as dangerous.
- The president spoke for just 30 minutes at Friday’s briefing and took no questions. No briefing was held on Saturday, as Trump tweeted that the press conferences are “not worth the time and effort.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump has dominated the lectern at daily White House press briefings on the novel coronavirus since mid-March, speaking 60% of the time, according to an analysis from the Washington Post.
In total, the president spoke for over 28 hours in 35 briefings since March 16, according to the analysis, which translated …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]