Trump claims campaign rallies are ‘very safe’ as the coronavirus spreads, even as some European countries ban large gatherings
- President Donald Trump insisted it is “very safe” to hold campaign rallies, which often involve gatherings of thousands of people, as the Wuhan coronavirus continues to spread in the US.
- This comes as several countries, including Switzerland and France, have banned large gatherings of people as a way to slow the virus’ spread.
- The virus has so far spread to more than 60 countries and infected more than 88,000 people. The disease COVID-19 has killed more than 3,000 people.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump insisted it is “very safe” to hold campaign rallies, which often involve gatherings of thousands of people, as the Wuhan coronavirus continues its spread in the US.
When asked by a reporter on Monday whether he thought it was “safe or appropriate” to hold rallies during a public health crisis, Trump first dodged the question and said Democrats should be asked the same question.
“These were set up a long time ago and others are,” Trump said. “You could ask that to the Democrats because they’re having a lot rallies.”
When pressed on whether Trump thinks it’s safe, he replied, “I think it’s very safe.”
This comes as schools across Idaho, Oregon, and Washington state …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]