Trump attacked the FDA on vaccine timing just days after a top official pledged to resign if the administration rushes out an unproven immunization
- President Trump attacked the US Food and Drug Administration in a tweet on Saturday, claiming the agency was “making it very difficult for drug companies to get people in order to test the vaccines and therapeutics.”
- “Obviously, they are hoping to delay the answer until after November 3rd,” Trump wrote.
- The president’s tweet comes a few days after a top official at the FDA told Reuters that they would resign if the Trump administration pushed for the release of a COVID-19 vaccine that wasn’t safe.
- There is no evidence that the FDA is delaying treatments or vaccines for COVID-19.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A few days after a top Food and Drug Administration official said he would resign if the Trump administration released a COVID-19 vaccine that was “unsafe or ineffective,” the president took to Twitter to attack the agency on its timeline for testing immunizations.
“The deep state, or whoever, over at the FDA is making it very difficult for drug companies to get people in order to test the vaccines and therapeutics. Obviously, they are hoping to delay the answer until after November 3rd. Must focus on speed, and saving …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]