The coronavirus could kill 3,000 Americans per day by June 1, according to leaked projections from the Trump administration
- An estimated 3,000 Americans could die from COVID-19 each day by June 1, according to internal Trump administration projections that The New York Times published Monday.
- If 3,000 people died from the virus every day during the month of June, that would mean 90,000 people would die, which would surpass the current death toll of 68,000.
- About 1,750 people in the US are currently dying in the US each day, according to the report.
- The leaked document was based on a draft model a researcher presented to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Washington Post reported.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The leaked document estimates 3,000 people could die from the coronavirus each day in the US by June 1. If that projection were to hold throughout June, it could mean 90,000 people could die next month.
Justin Lessler, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, drafted the model and presented it to the Centers for Disease Control and …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]