The best hand sanitizers
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend hand washing as one of the most effective ways to protect yourself from communicable diseases, but if that’s not an option, using hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is a good alternative.
- Here are the most effective hand sanitizers including Purell, Equate, and Pharma C.
- This article was medically reviewed by Tania Elliott, MD, who specializes in infectious diseases related to allergies and immunology for internal medicine at NYU Langone Health.
- Due to fears of the new coronavirus, many of these products are quickly selling out or appearing at prices well above market retail. We’re doing our best to keep this guide updated with in-stock purchase links.
- Read more: The best hand soaps
Commonly touched surfaces like door handles, shopping carts, phones, faucets, remote controls, and more harbor billions of potentially harmful microbes. This can be amplified during cold and flu season and viral outbreaks, making clean hands even more essential.
To help kill microbes that can make you sick, the Centers for Disease …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]