Stricter lockdown measures could be introduced across England as mutant coronavirus strain is now ‘everywhere’
- England faces the prospect of another national lockdown after the government’s top scientist called for the strictest “Tier 4” lockdown measures to be rolled out across further parts of England.
- The news comes amid warnings by Prime Minister Boris Johnson that a new coronavirus strain spreading rapidly across London and the south-east could be 70% more transmissible than previous variants.
- It appears increasingly likely that most, if not all, of England will be placed under the strictest tier 4 measures when the tier system is next reviewed on December 30.
- Much of London and south-east England on Saturday are already under Tier 4 measures.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Much of England could be placed under strict lockdown measures after the government’s top scientist said a highly transmissible new strain of the coronavirus was already “everywhere” in England.
Much of London and south-east England on Saturday were placed under new “tier 4” lockdown measures over the weekend in a bid to slow the spread of the new strain which Prime Minister Boris Johnson was up to 70% more transmissible than previous variants.
The rules mean all non-essential shops are closed and people are not permitted to travel …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]