Pence says Americans will begin to see checks at the end of next week
Highlights from Thursday’s Coronavirus Task Force briefing
- Student loan payments to be waived for 6 months.
- U.S. is now testing 118,000 – 120,000 for COVID-19 per week.
- The number of deaths in the U.S. has topped 16,000.
- Eligible Americans with direct deposit with IRS will begin to see their coronavirus relief checks by end of next week.
- Fauci: “We are seeing rather dramatic decreases in the need for new hospitalizations.”
Vice President Mike Pence said eligible Americans with direct deposit set up with the IRS will begin to see their checks dispensed under the CARES Act at the end of next week. The average family of four, Pence said, can expect to see roughly $3,400.
The vice president gave the update during Thursday’s Coronavirus Task Force briefing, after the Department of Labor announced Thursday morning that 6.6 million more Americans applied for jobless claims in the last week alone.
[Source: CBS News]