‘No, Macy, I have to disagree with you’: Jeff Bezos claps back at an Amazon customer complaining about the Black Lives Matter site banner
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos remained steadfast in his support for the Black Lives Matter movement after a customer emailed him expressing disapproval of the Amazon website’s Black Lives Matter banner.
- Bezos posted screenshots of the exchange with the customer, solely identified as Macy, on his Instagram.
- The customer wrote that it was “quite disturbing” to see the banner, and added that it is very offensive to the customer “for you company to blast this on your website”
- “ALL LIVES MATTER! And if it wasn’t for all of these lives providing their service to your and your company, where would Amazon be today?” the customer wrote in the email.
- In response, Bezos simply started off writing, “No, Macy, I have to disagree with you.”
- “Black lives matter speaks to racism and the disproportionate risk that Black people face in our law enforcement and justice system,” Bezos wrote.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos personally responded to a customer’s email expressing disapproval of the site’s Black Lives Matter banner.
Bezos posted screenshots of the exchange on Friday, redacting the last name of the person who emailed him.
The customer, solely identified as Macy, wrote in the email that it was “quite …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]