New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says the ventilators Elon Musk’s Tesla factories are making won’t be done in time to help during the apex of the coronavirus outbreak (TSLA)
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said on Sunday that Elon Musk’s ventilators can’t be produced in time to help during the worst of the coronavirus outbreak.
- “Nobody can make you a ventilator right now in two weeks,” Cuomo said. “That’s General Motors, that’s Ford, that’s Elon Musk. I don’t care how big and how powerful, you can’t make ventilators that fast because there are parts that have to come from other countries.”
- Musk has asked Tesla engineers to make ventilator parts out of car parts — Tesla posted a video Sunday of the company’s progress so far.
- Musk has been outspoken throughout the coronavirus outbreak in the US, both tweeting out misinformation about the virus and delivering ventilators to hospitals across the country.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said on Sunday that Tesla’s ventilators won’t be ready in time to help with the apex of the novel coronavirus outbreak in New York.
During Cuomo’s daily press briefing in Albany, the governor was asked if he’s had any conversations with Tesla CEO Elon Musk about whether the company’s Buffalo-based plant will be reopened to produce …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]