New HHS spokesman Michael Caputo deleted racist coronavirus tweets
- Newly tapped HHS spokesman Michael Caputo is already in hot water just a week into the job.
- After deleting most of his Twitter history before April 12, CNN’s KFile unearthed a number of racist tweets picked up by the Way Back Machine.
- On March 12, he tweeted that “millions of Chinese suck the blood out of rabid bats as an appetizer and eat the ass out of anteaters.”
- Caputo also tweeted “Coronavirus is the Democrats’ new Russia, their new Ukraine. And nobody will believe them except their zombies. But know this: The Dems’ strategy to defeat @realDonaldTrump requires 100s of thousands of American deaths.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Just a week into his new gig as the nation’s top health spokesman, Michael Caputo is in hot water over several racist tweets on the coronavirus that he recently deleted.
CNN’s KFile uncovered them from the Way Back Machine, which scrapes internet pages to preserve archives. Most of the Trump official’s tweets before April 12 were recently deleted.
Caputo, the HHS Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs, worked on the Trump campaign in 2016 and got his start in politics as Roger Stone’s driver.
On March 12, he tweeted …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]