LIVE UPDATES: Treasury Secretary Mnuchin predicts US economy will rebound in months, Spain eases lockdown for children to play
We’ll keep this page updated with the biggest coronavirus headlines of the day. Scroll down for more information on each story and check back for updates.
Here’s the latest:
- Treasury Secretary Mnuchin predicted US economy will rebound in months and not years: ‘We are going to have terrific breakthroughs.’
- After five weeks of strict home confinement, Spain will allow kids to play outside and ‘get some fresh air.’
- Trump said China may have started the coronavirus deliberately, as top advisers claim attacking Beijing may be the best way for the president to save his job.
- Canada is making face coverings compulsory on all flights — another sign that masks are becoming an unavoidable part of life.
- Today’s roundup of coronavirus stats on a country-by-country basis.
- ‘I’ve been invisible this entire time and now we matter:’ A day in the life of a 22-year-old supermarket worker during the coronavirus outbreak.
- A White House adviser has repeatedly compared those protesting coronavirus lockdowns to Rosa Parks.
- The coronavirus pandemic has hit the Greek tourism sector hard with 65% of hoteliers saying they could face bankruptcy.
- Taylor Swift sings ‘Soon You’ll Get Better’ for the first time in heart-wrenching performance on ‘Together at Home.’
- Hundreds crowded newly reopened Florida beaches even as …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]