Lady Gaga just popped into a WHO Zoom chat to discuss her star-studded coronavirus benefit concert: ‘I’m an Italian-American patriot, but I’m also a global citizen’
- Lady Gaga is co-curating an online benefit concert for healthcare workers and local charities around the globe, in partnership with Global Citizen, and the World Health Organization.
- She popped in to the World Health Organization’s Zoom chat on Friday to announce the Rolling Stones have joined the lineup, and to praise “the coming together of a singular, kind, global community.”
- The appearance comes just days after US President Trump said the US would pause all funding to the WHO, while the US conducts a review of the agency’s handling of the COVID-19 crisis.
- The benefit concert airs Saturday night on many major networks in the US, including ABC, CBS, and NBC at 8pm ET (7pm CT) and the show will also be available in various spots online.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Lady Gaga says she has readied a “love letter” for the world, and it’s coming on Saturday night.
She’s co-hosting a concert, along with the World Health Organization, and Global Citizen, to raise money for more masks, gowns, and other personal protective equipment for healthcare workers around the world, and provide more cash for local charities, too.
On Friday, Gaga popped into a World Health Organization …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]