Jeff Bezos responded to an ‘offended’ customer who wants Amazon to say All Lives Matter instead of Black Lives Matter: ‘My stance won’t change’ (AMZN)
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos shared an email exchange he had with a customer upset about the Black Lives Matter banner on Amazon’s website.
- Bezos wrote that the Black Lives Matter movement “doesn’t mean other lives don’t matter.”
- “I want you to know I support this movement that we see happening all around us and my stance won’t change,” Bezos added.
- Amazon announced earlier this week that it’s donating $10 million to organizations supporting justice and equity.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has a message for those upset about the Black Lives Matter movement: It doesn’t mean other lives don’t matter.
On Friday, Bezos shared on Instagram an email exchange he had with a customer who was not happy about the “Black Lives Matter” banner that showed up across Amazon’s front page. The customer wrote Bezos that it’s “disturbing” to see the banner because “All lives matter,” adding, “If it wasn’t for all these lives providing their service to your and your company, where would Amazon be today?”
In response, Bezos wrote, “I have to disagree with you. ‘Black Lives Matter’ doesn’t mean other lives don’t matter.”
“Black lives matter speaks to the racism and the …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]