How to change or cancel your travel plans during the coronavirus pandemic
- HECTOR RETAMAL / Getty Images
- Airlines are waiving cancellation and rebooking fees, but getting a full refund is unlikely.
- Amtrak train tickets are refundable, but canceling without a fee requires speaking with an agent.
- Many hotels are waiving cancellation fees and refunding trips, and Airbnb is fully refunding reservations made before March 14 with a check-in date between March 14 and June 15.
- Many rental car companies are waiving change and cancellation fees, but there are some restrictions.
- Most cruise lines have suspended all upcoming trips and are offering different refund and credit options.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The coronavirus pandemic has devastated the travel industry and upended travel plans for people around the world. Whether you were set to travel for vacation, an event, or to visit family, chances are …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]