Here’s how to get a coronavirus test in New York City if you’re feeling sick
- New York City residents — outside of NBA players and the ultra-wealthy — have struggled to get coronavirus tests in recent days.
- The state’s Department of Health opened a drive-through testing facility on Staten Island to combat this, among other plans.
- If you feel like you need to get a test or your doctor has ordered one, call the New York State Health Department at 888-364-3065 to make an appointment.
- You can also text COVID or COVIDESP (for Spanish) to 692-692 to receive the latest updates.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
With 7,845 people in New York infected with the coronavirus, the demand for testing continues to increase. The state’s made a recent push to make testing more available to New Yorkers, which Governor Andrew Cuomo has said accounts for the rapid climb in coronavirus cases.
To handle some of these coronavirus cases, New York City’s first drive-through mobile testing facility opened in a Staten Island parking lot. It’s the first state-run coronavirus testing facility in New York City and the third in New York State. It will be open by appointment from 11 a.m. …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]