Giuliani shares that he’s getting the same COVID-19 treatment as Trump, as the US reports 2,622 more coronavirus deaths on Tuesday
- Rudy Giuliani, 76, called into his radio show on 77 WABC from his hospital bed at MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center and said he expects to leave on Wednesday.
- In the interview, Giuliani said he was receiving the same experimental cocktail of drugs that President Donald Trump received in October, and claimed he was not aware of its high cost or lack of availability to the general public.
- “The minute I took the cocktail,” Giuliani said, “I felt 100% better.”
- Giuliani’s comments come as on Tuesday, US states reported 213,498 new cases, and 2,622 deaths, with 104,600 people currently hospitalized with COVID-19, according to the COVID Tracking Project.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The president’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani repeated a host of false claims about COVID-19 on Tuesday and lauded the expensive treatment he has been receiving when he called into his radio show on 77 WABC from his hospital bed at Georgetown University Medical Center.
Giuliani’s hospitalization and interview coincided with an ongoing surge of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in the US, as states begin to report new cases after the Thanksgiving holiday.