Fauci says the marathon White House coronavirus briefings can be ‘really draining’ and prevent him from getting back to work
- Dr. Anthony Fauci told the Associated Press in an interview that the length of the White House coronavirus briefings could be “really draining.”
- “If I had been able to just make a few comments and then go to work, that would have really been much better,” Fauci told the AP.
- “It isn’t the idea of being there and answering questions, which I really think is important for the American public. It’s the amount of time.”
- Fauci is currently the most trusted face of the nation’s coronavirus response, an Insider poll found, and his presence at the briefings often comes as a relief for many Americans.
- The White House briefings frequently stretch over an hour. April 13th’s briefing ran for almost 2 1/2 hours.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Dr. Anthony Fauci knows the White House briefings can run too long.
In an interview with the Associated Press, the nation’s top infectious disease expert and currently the most trusted face of the coronavirus response acknowledged that while he believed there was a benefit to informing the public during the daily press conferences, that they often ran long and prevented him from going back …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]