Fauci: ‘no one is going to deny’ that lives would have been saved if US coronavirus response came sooner
- After the first case of the novel coronavirus was identified in the US in late January, President Donald Trump spent weeks downplaying the virus and putting off formal orders to respond to the outbreak.
- Reports have since surfaced detailing multiple warnings issued by public health officials before the US instituted measures like official stay-at-home orders.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci said “no one is going to deny” that lives could have been saved if the US implemented containment measures earlier on in the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday that “no one is going to deny” that lives could have been saved if the US implemented containment measures earlier on in the novel coronavirus outbreak.
Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and one of the top experts on President Donald Trump’s coronavirus task force, said on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday that if President Donald Trump’s administration had announced isolation measures in February instead of late March after fielding warnings from public health officials.
“As I’ve said many times, we look at it from a pure health standpoint,” Fauci said. “We make a recommendation. Often …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]