Europe’s last dictator got COVID-19 after telling people they could avoid it by drinking vodka and going to the sauna
- Europe’s last dictator, Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko, on Tuesday said he had COVID-19 but has already recovered.
- “Today you are meeting a man who managed to survive the coronavirus on his feet. Doctors came to such a conclusion yesterday. Asymptomatic,” Lukashenko said
- Lukashenko previously dismissed fears over COVID-19 as a “psychosis” and recommended drinking vodka to stay healthy.
- The Belarusian leader, who has been in power for 25 years, has recently faced mass protests after his opponents were jailed and barred from running in the upcoming presidential election on August 8.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko on Tuesday announced he had asymptomatic COVID-19, but said he’d already recovered …continued .
[Source: CNBC News]