Dr. Fauci warns in Senate hearing that ‘consequences could be really serious’ if states reopen without identifying and isolating the virus
- Screenshot/US Senate
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, warned in a Senate hearing on Tuesday of potentially devastating resurgences of the coronavirus if states relax social distancing without heeding federal guidelines.
- “There is no doubt – when you pull back on mitigation, you will see some cases appear,” he said via video stream. “It’s the ability and the capability of responding to those cases with good identification, isolation, and contact tracing.”
- Washington Sen. Patty Murray, the top Democrat on the panel, repeatedly criticized the Trump administration’s coronavirus response and urged the hearing witnesses to tell the truth.
- Dr. Robert Redfield, head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Food and Drug Administration commissioner Stephen Hahn, and Brett Giroir, who is leading coronavirus testing at the Department of Health and Human Services, also testified.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, warned …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]