Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle took a 2-day trip to Paris that cost taxpayers at least $64,000
- Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle visited Paris for two days in July 2018.
- The costs of the trip were recently unearthed in US Secret Service records obtained by HuffPost.
- Records show that taxpayers spent $31,104 on flights for the trip, $23,036 on hotel rooms, and $10,303 on armored vehicle rentals.
- It’s unknown how many people were with Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A two-day trip Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle took to Paris in 2018 cost taxpayers at least $64,000, according to US Secret Service records recently obtained by HuffPost.
While on the Paris trip in July 2018, the couple stayed in a $1,000-a-night hotel near the Champs-Elysees and visited the Louvre and Eiffel Tower.
The Secret Service records show that $31,104 in taxpayer money went toward flight costs, $23,036 was spent on hotel rooms, and $10,303 on protective armored vehicle rentals. Neither Trump Jr. nor Guilfoyle are government employees.
According to HuffPost, the State Department had a limit on Paris lodgings at $425 at the time of Trump Jr.’s trip, and the Secret Service had to request a higher limit to cover the costs of hotel rooms at the Hotel …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]