Coronavirus live updates: New York’s unemployment system collapses, UK begins human vaccine trials this week
This is CNBC’s live blog covering all the latest news on the coronavirus outbreak. All times below are in Eastern time. This blog will be updated throughout the day as the news breaks.
- Global cases: More than 2.5 million
- Global deaths: At least 171,810
- US cases: More than 788,900
- US deaths: At least 42,485
The data above was compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
3:19 pm: Senate strikes deal for relief package
Senate Republicans and Democrats reached a deal for an additional $484 billion in coronavirus relief, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said. The bill still has to undergo a vote, which could come within the hour.
Here’s what’s in the bill:
- $310 billion total for the Paycheck Protection Program, with $250 billion unrestricted and $60 billion set aside for smaller institutions
- $50 billion for Economic Injury Disaster Loan program loans and $10 billion for EIDL grants
- $75 billion for hospitals
- $25 billion for …continued .
[Source: CNBC News]