America’s COVID-19 response grows more nonsensical, even as the pandemic gets worse
- I’m sweating bullets that my kid’s school is going to close for no science-based reason, and we’ve already given up Thanksgiving. But I can’t help but feel discouraged that my family’s sacrifice is in vain.
- A winter hellscape awaits, even with encouraging vaccine news, because America’s response to the coronavirus pandemic has been an endless loop of stupidity.
- A lot of Republican politicians deny science, while some prominent Democratic lawmakers cynically flout their own COVID-19 guidelines.
- Ours isn’t a cohesive society banding together to fight a common enemy, one that has wreaked havoc on each of us in some way.
- America’s COVID-19 response has devolved into a politically driven, toxically narcissistic, tribalistic mess.
- This is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed are those of the author.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Thanksgiving is an unalloyed joy of my life, and I’m not particularly given to public displays of effervescence.
Unlike religious holidays, this one requires the least formality. It’s all just goofing off, catching up, and pretending to care about …continued .
[Source: CNBC News]