A protester says California police forced her to drink cold water to lower her temperature so she could be put in jail
- A California protester has accused police of forcing her to drink cold water to get her temperature low enough so she could be jailed, according to a report seen by Newsweek.
- The unidentified woman was part of a group of demonstrators who chained themselves to California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s house on Monday demanding for him to release prison inmates due to coronavirus fears.
- The 14 arrested protesters have since accused jail staff of unhygienic practices, citing clogged toilets, cramped cells, and no sanitation.
- The demonstrators also say they were denied food and water “for the entire 16 hours,” and that they didn’t get medical attention despite some of them falling sick.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A protester who was arrested outside California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s house on Monday accused police of unsafe practices after she was allegedly forced to drink cold water to lower her temperature enough so she could be jailed.
In a report seen by Newsweek, the unidentified woman said she had begun to “show a high fever” upon her arrival at Sacramento County Jail and was subsequently made to drink cold water.
She had recently tested negative for COVID-19, but protesters have …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]