9 ways to turn your desk into the ideal workspace
- The spread of the novel coronavirus has led to governors requiring all non-essential workers to stop coming into the office, which means millions of Americans are working remotely right now.
- While we work from home, it’s important to have a workspace that doesn’t cause discomfort or pain.
- “Your workstation should fit you like a tailored shirt,” University of California ergonomist David Rempel tells Business Insider.
- Rempel shares several tips for making sure your work-from-home setup doesn’t cause you pain, including to placing your monitor at eye level, and putting your mouse and keyboard at elbow height.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The novel coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19, has forced thousands of Americans to log on from home. Governors are calling for non-essential workers to stay home, and many other companies are proactively taking steps to increase social distancing. For many of us, that means taking out our laptops, finding a desk, and setting up shop.
But before you get too comfortable (or uncomfortable), make sure your workspace isn’t setting you up for neck aches, wrist numbness or any other side effect of a poorly designed work area.
“Your …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]