11 insurance companies that may help you with payments during the COVID-19 outbreak
- If you’ve been financially impacted by COVID-19, your insurance company may help.
- Some companies are offering payment flexibility, suspending policy cancellations due to nonpayment, or automatically renewing your policy even if you can’t pay.
- We’ve provided a list of 11 insurance companies that are assisting customers with payments, including GEICO, MetLife, Travelers, and USAA.
- If your insurance provider isn’t on this list, contact a representative anyway — the company may be providing some sort of assistance.
- Read more personal finance coverage »
As the coronavirus continues to spread, insurance may be more important to you now than ever. You want to be covered in case of a medical emergency, to receive reimbursement for the flight that got canceled, to have good life insurance in case anything happens to you, and to protect your car and home.
But if you’ve lost your job due to the coronavirus, paying your monthly insurance bills might be difficult. Are you going to lose important coverage because you can’t pay?
Thankfully, several insurance companies understand their customers are in tough financial situations. Your provider may offer payment assistance, suspend cancellation of your policy due to nonpayment, or automatically …continued .
[Source: Business Insider]